University Centre of Masaryk University in Telč
The centre was established in the premises of the former Jesuit College. The foundation stone was laid in 1651 and in 1655 the building was completed as a three-winged two-storey building around an irregular courtyard. The monumentality of the building and its simple, even austere appearance make it stand out from the surrounding buildings. A pharmacy was first opened on the premises and later a printing house. After the abolition of the Jesuit order in 1773, the college building was given to the state and four years later a barracks was established here. After 1883, there was a girls' burgher school here, and in the second half of the 20th century a secondary vocational school. In 2002 the building was acquired by Masaryk University.
Nám. Zachariáše z Hradce 2
588 56 Telč